The Ambarella A9AQ offers a resolution in the 4K category and is automotive-qualified in compliance with the AEC-Q100 standard. The device features an 800MHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU to provide powerful processing performance for customer applications including advanced driver assistance features, user interface, and wireless networking. Ambarella also introduced its B6 family of 4K Ultra HD capable serializer/deserializer (SERDES) companion chips to enable high performance video camera applications based on the A9AQ SoC.
The A9AQ provides a single-chip solution for three camera side-view and rear-view electronic mirror systems. Its multi-exposure HDR processing provides superior visibility even in low light or high contrast scenes. LED flicker mitigation dramatically reduces artifacts introduced by LED headlights and traffic signs. The A9AQ can simultaneously drive video to up to three in-car displays for rear, left side and right side electronic mirror applications.
Features of camera board:
- 4K Ultra HD video recording @ 30 fps.
- High definition video recording at 720p @ 240fps and 1080p @ 120fps.
- Burst mode support for still image capture of over 700 Megapixels per second.
- Multi-exposure High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging support, including local tone mapping, preserves image details in high contrast scenes.
- Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) with rolling shutter correction.
- 3D Motion-Compensated Temporal Filtering (MCTF) with de-ghosting for reduced artifacts and low light performance.
- Support for applications including wireless preview, playback, and upload of stills and videos to a smartphone or directly to the Internet over WiFi.
- Interfaces such as DDR3L, USB 2.0 host, HDMI, and SDXC SD card.
- Low power – <1W for 1080p60 encode, <2W for Ultra HD 4K encode.
- The A9 Camera Development Platform contains the necessary tools, software, hardware and documentation to develop a state-of-the-art network-enabled Ultra HD camera design.
- Main board with A9 and sensor board with C/CS mount lens
- Sensor: Aptina, OmniVision, Samsung, Sony–many choices available Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Royalty-free libraries for ISP, 3A, and codecs
- Demonstration DV/DSC camera application with full source code
- Extensive and fully documented middleware API library suite Documentation
- Programmer’s guide, application notes, API documents
- SoC data sheet, BOM, schematics and layout files